The conference EERA DeepWind'2016 took place in January 20-22 and we would like to congratulate in particular Joachim Reuder with his award winning poster on SUMO - Small Unmanned Meteorological Observer.
Apart from a plenary presentation of NORCOWE, NORCOWE was also present through their research and the chairing of the sessions on Met-Ocean Conditions and on Wind Farm Optimization. The yearly conference is organized by NOWITECH in cooperation with EERA and NORCOWE.
Below is a list of presentations held by NORCOWE research partners:
Wednesday January 20th:
10:35: NORCOWE - Cooperation as a key to cost reductions for offshore wind, Kristin Guldbrandsen Frøysa, Christian Michelsen Research
Parallel sessions C1/C2: - Met-Ocean Conditions
Chaired by Valerie-Marie Kumer and Joachim Reuder, University of Bergen, and Birgitte Rugaard Furevik, MET
13:30 Boundary-layer study of FINO1, Benny Svardal, Christian Michelsen Research
15:10: Coherence of turbulent wind under neutral wind conditions at FINO, Charlotte Obhrai, University of Stavanger
15:30: Assessment of offshore wind coherence by pulsed Doppler lidars, Jasna B. Jakobsen, University of Stavanger
15:50: Turbulent structure over air-sea wavy interface: Large-Eddy Simulation, Mostafa B. Paskyabi, University of Bergen
Thursday January 21st, poster session at 17:00
9. OBLO instrumentation at FINO1, Martin Flügge, Christian Michelsen Research AS
14. Proof of concet for wind turbine wake investigations with the RPAS SUMO, Joachim Reuder, University of Bergen
15. Assessment of synthetic winds through spectral modelling and validation using FAST, Abhijit Chougule, University of Agder
18. Nonlinear wave propagation and breaking in the coastal area, Mostafa B. Paskyabi, University of Bergen
19. Lagrangian study of turbulence structure near the sea surface, Mostafa B. Paskyabi, University of Bergen
20. Evaluation of ensemble prediction forecasts for estimating weather windows, Birgitte R. Furevik, MET
22. Risk and reliability based maintenance planning for offshore wind farms using Bayesian statistics, Mihai Florian, Aalborg University
The session on Wind Farm Optimization on Friday is chaired by Annette F. Stephansen, Christian Michelsen Research and Thomas Buhl, DTU Wind Energy. The latter is a recent member of NORCOWE's Scientific Advisory Committee.
13. 07. 2018
Open positions related to offshore wind at University of Bergen. ...
28. 06. 2018
The University of Bergen is opening Bergen Offshore Wind Centre...
13. september 2018
17. september 2018
EERA JP Wind annual event...
17. oktober 2018
Workshop in collaboration with GCE NODE...