NORCOWE Summer School 2015
in cooperation with NOWITECH
When: August 17th - 21th, 2015 (Monday - Friday).
Venue: Hardingasete, Norheimsund, Hardanger, Norway.
Harvesting wind energy in a harsh environment
Goal: Give the attendants a broader perspective of the challenges
related to offshore wind and help the PhD students to put their
work into a wider context.
Social goal: Get acquainted with other researchers in the field of offshore
Key topics to be covered:
- Early Phase Development of a wind farm, Kari Lurås, Statoil
- Environmental data for planning & design, Birgitte Furevik, Met
- Harvesting the wind energy, Trond Kvamsdal, NTNU
- The design challenges, Jørgen Krokstad, Statkraft
- Control of wind turbines & wind farms, Torben Knudsen, Aalborg University
- Execution of a wind farm project, Jan-Fredrik Stadaas, Statoil
- The economics of wind power, Jørgen Krokstad, Statkraft
The content of the Summer School is a mixture of lectures and group work. Time schedule is available here.
Note that this is a great opportunity to learn from key scientists and specialists from the industry, as several of the speakers are staying for most of the week.
Overall program (incl. speakers) is available here.
Sign up for the Summer School here (Closing on June 26)
The price is 11.000NOK (Non profit. Covering Transport, accommodation, food and social events)
12. 12. 2018
Bergen Offshore Wind Center søker administrativ koordinator ...
10. 12. 2018
Call for abstracts for the 25th Underwater Technology Conference...
29. januar 2019
12. september 2019