NORCOWE will enable scientific and industrial partners in the consortium to work together in developing new innovative solutions for the realization of offshore wind energy technology, with particular focus on concepts for large water depths and harsh offshore environments.
The center will focus on research and innovations within the following strategic areas:
- Met/ocean measurements, including an international measurement campaign in 2014 and a data base for all NORCOWE data.
- Wind resource assessment and optimal wind farm layout.
- Development and assessment of models for energy yield predictions.
- Utilizing met/ocean knowledge to assess offshore wind energy standards and design criteria.
- Marine operations: Heave compensation and access solutions. Assessment of installation methods.
- Operations and maintenance: Reliability analysis, risk and condition based operation and maintenance, and optimized park control.
In addition, NORCOWE will aim to provide high level education in key areas for future offshore wind energy.
These strategic focus areas are implemented as NORCOWE's work packages (effective from January 2013).
15. 02. 2017
NORCOWE presentations at DeepWind'17...
16. 12. 2016
New laser tracker and cameras in place at the Motion Lab...
31. oktober 2017
Norwegian Offshore Wind Cluster - høstsamling...
9. november 2017
Frokostseminar om havvind...